Thursday, January 12, 2012

Organize Your Crazy Make Up Drawer!

I seriously stalk the fabulous Fashion blog: cupcakesandcashmere.com
She has the greatest ideas. I've been doing my Spring cleaning early and have been annoyed with the
insanity of my toiletries drawer. Check out this great idea that is cheap and adorable!


Cosmetic Clutter

{before}
Given my love of cosmetics, you’d think that I’d have a bathroom drawer that rivaled Sephora in both its scope and organization. Definitely not the case. I even questioned whether or not to include my “before” picture, simply because it was so mortifying (confession: I even removed a few items before snapping the shot).
The other day it took me five minutes to locate a lip gloss, at which point I realized I had to clean things up. I owned doubles and triples of the same item; some of which had been dried up for years. There were eye shadows from college, pieces of trash and used Q-tips; in short, it was disgusting. I decided to create divided sections for eyes, lips, bronzers, cheeks and foundation/powders and only kept the items that I love and actually use.
{after}
{old dividers that I spray painted a glossy gold}
{Dividers for: powders, bronzers and eye make-up}
{Dividers for: lips, cheeks and skin; as well as a few other necessities}
{Vintage saucers now hold bobby pins and rubber bands}

No comments:

Post a Comment