Friday, May 18, 2012

Chevron Pattern Inspired Projects

So it's been a million years since I've had a chance to sit down and blog here.
I often am running around with my head cut off! Doing photography or making posts for other companies.
I have wondered if I should keep this blog up, due to time constraints in my life. But in the end I want to keep it alive because I love Interior Design, and still want to share that with whoever loves it as well.
It's cathartic! Maybe I should have named it something related to design being cathartic LOL.
So here goes this weeks post. ENJOY!


I have to admit I have a LOVE for Chevron... the pattern that is not the gas station. 
I always have been drawn to very graphic,clean prints and Chevron is always top of my list.
If you don't know what Chevron is it looks like this:Check out this adorable pillow!

 To make the Chevron pattern, like this pillow, you take a bold stripe and invert it so it creates a repeating V pattern... easy!
Below are some fun ways to incorporate this adorable and striking pattern into your home.
 The striking pop of colors in this dining room play off of the simplicity of the black and white chevron rug.Here are some more examples..
 I love this project! Adding the Chevron pattern on the top of the desk. Way chic!
And so easily done with paint tape and paint...
 You can make it a little more interesting by painting your floor. And see how they didn't make the lines exactly the same width? They alternated skinny and thick. Love that.

Wondering how to paint your wall? See an example below on what it looks like all taped off. The prep is long but the look is amazing!
See before:
 Primed then Taped:
 Finished:
 Seriously how adorable is that?!
 Hopefully that inspired you for your own home. I'm going to find someplace to incorporate it into mine as well. I'll post photos when I do!
Enjoy! 
Please leave a comment if you like this...
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I will definitely put this pattern in one of my future rooms one day! Thanks for sharing! And, yes, please do keep this blog up! :)

    ReplyDelete