Sunday, November 27, 2011

Twig Christmas Decoration on the cheap!

Like many of us during these hard economic times I'm finding myself strapped for cash. But I still want to add some Christmas spirit to my home. I was looking out my kitchen window (doing dishes lol) and saw that there is a Red Twig Dogwood bush out back. They have a beautiful red bark in the Winter that I just love! Then I had an idea!

I trimmed some excess twigs from the bush and placed them like mini-trees into some containers I had around the house. I used foam blocks to fill the containers and moss on top to hide it. All things I had on hand. 

I think they look so fun I may just have to keep them year round! Maybe Valentine's day I can hang some mini hearts from the twigs? hmmm..... 

Enjoy!
Rochelle


I added some fun moss balls to add to the 
nature theme...(found them at Joann's Fabrics)








No comments:

Post a Comment