Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Winter White

     This Winter has come too soon for me! But one thing that warmed my heart up to it, was waking to a beautiful view of the mountains I live near that had just been covered in snow. It was amazing... and it made me start noticing things that lacked color and were calm simple white. Here are some fantastic photos I found that were inspiring and all about the beauty of the simplicity of monochromatic color schemes. So, in honor of the beginning of Winter and snow... here you go :) 
    Some great ideas are here for your home! 
    Enjoy,
    Rochelle


I love the simplicity about this room. The horizontal stripes 
got me! This room is soooo me it's not even funny!
The trick to a monochromatic room is lots of texture
variation and subtle color changes.
There's something nostalgic about a white Christmas tree..
When I was growing up we had a metallic silver tree.
I loved that tree! This one makes me smile...
 Simple... yum!
There's something fun about beautiful food.
These cupcakes are so so simple!
But how cute are they?!
Simplicity again.. love it. 
 One thing I like about this design is the variation of chairs.
There's something great about not having everything too 
matchy matchy. I love elements of suprise. 
I love the rough wall.
Love the simple centerpieces here... sweet :)

My son used to call white Aspen trees
"Milk Trees"
:)

Hope you found these images inspiring. 







No comments:

Post a Comment